Unable to Profile App using Xcode 15.0 (15A240d)

Hi,

I am trying to debug an issue when running Profile within Xcode, the binary builds and is signed for release.

When I inspect the entitlements file, get-task-allow is always false.

I have the following settings that I have seen in the forums work for others but to no avail for our setup.

CODE_SIGN_INJECT_BASE_ENTITLEMENTS = YES
DEPLOYMENT_POSTPROCESSING = NO

Using manual signing setup, provisioning profile and certs are working fine and the binary launches fine on device.

However when it comes to pressing record in instruments, I get the following:

Permission to debug {app bundle ID} was denied. Recovery Suggestion: The app must be debuggable and signed with 'get-task-allow'.

I don't have any other ideas on how to debug/troubleshoot this further.

Any help would be great, it's an old project so

Replies

I am trying to debug an issue when running Profile within Xcode, the binary builds and is signed for release.

If you create a new test project from one of Xcode’s built-in templates, does it have the same problem?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

A standard new project is working as expected so I do recognise that it is something within our project setup that might be causing the issue but finding it is the hard part.

The challenge is it's a 5+ year old app.

I did a side by side comparison of all the build settings between a new app and our current one and all the settings matched bar one (Runtime hardening). I enabled this and no change in behaviour.

Looking through the build logs, I can't see any message about the outcome of CODE_SIGN_INJECT_BASE_ENTITLEMENTS.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!