Using Adhoc Profile for DriverKit show error: Xcode 14 and later requires a DriverKit development profile enabled for iOS and macOS

We got an app for iPad which has two targets one for the App itself (MainApp target ) and another one for the Driver ( Driver Target ) using DriverKit.

The app works fine in Development, but I'm trying to distribute it with adhoc.

I've requested the Distribution Entitlement to Apple, after getting it, the App Id for the Driver has the following Capabilities:

DriverKit, DriverKit (development), DriverKit USB Transport (development), DriverKit USB Transport - VendorID, In-App Purchase

Now in the profile section, I've created a adhoc profile for the Driver AppId (Identifier). Obviously I've also created an Adhoc profile for the Main AppId

Finally in the Signing & Capabilities Section I set up the profiles for MainApp target, int the Debug one I set up the Development one and int the Release one I set up the adhoc one.

I do the same in the Driver Target, but when I set up the Adhoc one in the Release, I've got a warning:

Xcode 14 and later requires a DriverKit development profile enabled for iOS and macOS. Visit the developer website to create or download a DriverKit profile

Also interestingly the Signing Certificate section says: None

I also set up the Capabilities for the Driver Target:

• DriverKit USB Transport - VendorID
  • DriverKit USB Transport ( Development )

Inside these capabilities I set up the vendor ID as dictionary

The problem is, if I try to Archive the app I will get the previous Warning message as error:

Xcode 14 and later requires a DriverKit development profile enabled for iOS and macOS. Visit the developer website to create or download a DriverKit profile.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks

Replies

I generally recommend that you not try to get Xcode to build distribution signed code. Rather, leave your project configured to build development signed code, then do a Product > Archive, then export a distribution signed app from the Xcode organiser. The organiser will generally do the right thing but, if it doesn’t, you can apply manually created provisioning profiles at that stage.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"