questions about Apple's notarization

questions about Apple's notarization standards

1. I've found that notarization seems to be based on the team ID, with a shared history. Is my understanding correct?

2. If an app named ABC is initially notarized under team A, and then later updates are notarized under team B, will there be any issues? In my tests, notarizing the same app under teams A and B didn't cause any problems, but I'm curious about potential issues if there's a change in team IDs in the future.

3. Is it possible to delete the notarization history or transfer it to a different team ID?

Replies

1. I've found that notarization seems to be based on the team ID, with a shared history. Is my understanding correct?

Yes.

2. If an app named ABC is initially notarized under team A, and then later updates are notarized under team B, will there be any issues?

I wouldn’t expect to see any problems. The notarisation process requires that the code be signed by a valid Developer ID but it doesn’t not require that the Developer ID be associated with the account doing the notarisation. I regularly notarise apps signed by other developers, and it’s common for site admins to do that back when notarisation was rolling out.

3. Is it possible to delete the notarization history or transfer it to a different team ID?

No.

Having said that, transferring Developer ID apps between teams is not always smooth sailing. This just come up in another thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"