tvOS app started crashing with 17.2, could not load NIB in bundle

I have a pretty basic tvOS app. It uses storyboard named 'Main'. Before a week ago, all was fine. It would load no problems at all. I installed 17.2 on my Apple TV, and it crashes as soon as it opens. I tested this out in Xcode and it runs on a 17.0 simulator, but the 17.2 simulator crashes and the only message I get is

Exception   NSException *   "Could not load NIB in bundle: 'NSBundle </Users/Tyler/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/A442BA1A-318B-43EC-850E-EA0CFA7AAB95/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/CC57DE61-B9E4-49EE-A044-8FE00D709CB6/Piedmont Road Apple TV.app> (loaded)' with name 'kQf-Ef-Nxz-view-nK4-c0-71Y'"   0x0000600000c73d50
I have put in breakpoints, but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone have an idea what got changed with tvOS 17.2 to cause this?
  • Time to switch to SwiftUI. Just make sure it is part of the copy bundle resources located under build phases. If it is not then re-add it to the project.

• I have put tons of work into this with Obj-C, I refuse to rewrite everything to SwiftUI because Apple broke something.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

The issue was one of the ViewController's had an Object ID that matched the error. It was presented as secondaryViewController from a SplitScreen. I removed that relationship segue, and did a manual Show segue instead, and it runs fine now.

Replies

I have the same issue.

It would be worth filing bug reports.

The issue was one of the ViewController's had an Object ID that matched the error. It was presented as secondaryViewController from a SplitScreen. I removed that relationship segue, and did a manual Show segue instead, and it runs fine now.