Could not Sign In

I am receiving an error message trying to connect an apple watch to my phone. Error message reads:

Could not sign in Operation throttled by server. Retry after 3599 seconds (other operations may be allowed)

Has anyone experienced this error message before and know how to resolve it?

Apple Watch SE

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Vdicas22 Down vote post of Vdicas22
1.7k views

Replies

Same for me, Apple Watch 4.

Same. Were you able to sign in after the time limit?

When trying to add my Apple Watch 4 to my iphone, I get the following error message.

I have the same problem series 4 gps & cellular. I am trying to set it up for my kid who that doesn't have a phone and using the setup for a family member option. Do you have any resolution yet?

I am also trying to set it up for my kid using my iPhone 11 or my wifes iPhone 12. Same "operation throtteled by server" error on both devices after entering the Apple ID password of my son. All OS are up-to-date.

After shutting down and restarting both the iPhone and the Watch, I finally was able to complete the setup process.

Same issue for me. Also restarted the watch and phone and still having the same error.

• Same. Restarting hasn't fixed it. Frustrated.

Add a Comment

Same issue for me on an Apple Watch SE I recently purchased. Was trying to use my iPhone to setup watch with my kids account under Family Sharing and got the alert... "iphone can't sign into apple watch operation throttled by server. retry after 1058.2 seconds."

I restarted both devices AND waited 1058 sec (17minutes) and was able to sync phone and watch after that

Getting the same exact error. I've tried waiting and multiple restarts. Anyone come up with a fix?

I was getting this same error when setting up a child's Apple Watch SE (right after signing in with their Apple ID credentials). Here's what I did to resolve the issue:

1. Double checked the login creds by signing into icloud (the were correct)

2. Backed out and re-tried 4x (each time I got the same error)

3. Tried on a different internet connection (same error)

4. I setup the watch for ME, the same user as the phone. This went through without the error. I then updated the watch to the latest WatchOS, reset it and went back through and set it up for my child. (THIS TIME IT WORKED)

So, not sure if it was because I had created the child account during the process, or if it was because the Apple Watch needed to be updated, or if it was due to some other fluke... but I thought I'd share my solution in case it helps someone else who is banging their head against the wall.

The post from nwsykes worked for me! I paired the watch to my phone and updated it to WatchOS 10.3. Then I unpaired the watch and rebooted. Then I was able to pair it with my kid's apple ID. Thank you for the fix!

nwsykes solution worked for me too...after an hour on Apple support didn't! THANK YOU!