Custom offer codes

Hi there! I've recently created custom offer codes to use in our promo campaigns. Our team faced the issue: when we try to redeem the code through the App Store - it doesn't work. Hovewer, the code does work when redeeming it through the link. My question is - can these custom codes be redeemed through the App Store? or is this basically impossible?

I see the info on the developers page: Each code can be redeemed through a direct URL or within your app. - there is no word about the App Store, but probably someone has the experience in these codes. The source: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=9sjl5wuv

Replies

AFAIK, you cannot do that through the App Store. You should be able to use deep link to navigate to App Store and then download the app. App Store redeem flow is only meant for Gift Cards as of now. The reason this is not allowed is because multiple developers can end up using the same custom code, which Apple has no control over. For example: for a new years campaign you can have two different developers using the same NEWYEAR2024 code.

• We implemented redeem code in our app, but still custom codes do not work, only one-time codes.

Add a Comment