Issue with running UI automation tests

Hi,

I have created the applications (debug and runner) using xcodebuild.

I have tried it both using Xcode 14.3.1 and 15.1.

I used the xcodebuild build-for-testing... with -configuration set to Debug (I've also built the apps by omitting the -configuration altogether).

The configurations are set correctly in Xcode, and I can run the automation from Xcode and running xcodebuild.

I am using a different tool other than xcodebuild to run the tests (I'm using go-ios https://github.com/danielpaulus/go-ios). The issue I'm having is that right at the beginning of the test, I'm getting this error "Failed to retrieve test configuration from IDE". I know it's something to do with the two apps (debug and runner appp), because I've made comparison to a brand new application I had created using Xcode.

I assume this is something to do with the build configurations we have in the app (Debug or Release), but they're all correctly set in Xcode, and I can also run the tests (albeit using the xctestrun file) without any problems.

Do you know what could be causing this? In particular, what could cause the above error to be generated? Any help (however related or unrelated you think it could be) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sep

Replies

This was solved, there was a misconfiguration with one of the names, and also an error passing a wrong config to the tool I was using.