Disabling the extra buttons on UIReferenceLibraryViewController

Hi! I am developing a word game for children. It is intended to be educational and help children pass the time by playing.

I use UIReferenceLibraryViewController ( I use a UIViewControllerRepresentable as the app is essentially in SwiftUI) to show a definition of a word that the child comes across during play. This part works fine - except that the view contains a button to look on the web, and another to manage dictionaries - both of which I do not want children to be able to do. How do I disable these buttons? Alternatively, is there a way to just get the dictionary definition text and show that in a custom view?

Replies

Overview

A UIReferenceLibraryViewController object should not be used to display wordlists, create a standalone dictionary app, or republish the content in any form.

I am not planning to display any word list from the dictionary. When the user ( a child ) comes across a word in the course of the gameplay and wants to know the meaning, I use UIReferenceLibraryViewController to show that meaning - is that not allowed? I thought that was the purpose of that object.