RoomPlan ExceededScenesizelimitError

Is there a way to handle Roomplan ExceededSceneSizelimitError. in documentation also there is nothing . For me after taking just small small scans about 5 to 6 after the 7 th scan getting this error . only killing the app and restarting is working, if i come to back page and again go to start newscan also it is not working

Replies

It looks like you are having a memory leak in your app. Have you tried looking at the memory consumption in the xcode-profiler ? I noticed that this error is appearing as soon as 2GB of memory are used on the iPhone 14 Pro.

not only on iphone 14 Pro but we are getting this error more frequently in every type of device. I did checked on memory leaks as well. I did it like running the app through instruments the only memory leaks are happening when I start on the roomcapturesession page. once this page is open it is not at all allowing me to take a scan and go forward. In any other screens of my app Im not getting this memory leak. anyway I'll attach a screenshot as well . please check and let me know because these leaks are basically happening even when I run the sample scan app provided in the apple documentation also.

next thing I want to mention was. we have like 6 screens in which we are using map and also tableview in 3 screens and a normal scroll view and textfields and some labels in one screen . and one screen is roomsession scanning and one is for showing 2d plan.

S1: start a scan from any one of the screen having mapview or tableview (have a button start scan) then we go to a page having textfields then push to scanning screen, once done with the scanning push to 2d screen

S2: now when we click on a back button in this 2d page we will be popping up to a page where we have started this flow means the page that is having a start scan button.

in summary flow was startscan screen -> textfield screen - > scanning screen - > 2d screen - > back to startscan screen

doing like this for 5 to 6 times ,the scans Im taking were very very small like per scan i've only 2 walls. after 6th or 7th scan Im getting this error capture scene exceeded limit. I surely know this is due to some memory issue . but not knowing where it was and how to fix it.

But when I follow another flow startscanscreen - > textfieldscreen -> scannnig screen - > 2d screen - > back to textfield screen

this way i'm not getting any error and i'm able to take as many scans as i want continuously. really not sure whats happening.

is there any solution for this error ... I tried restarting the RoomCaptureSession when getting this error but again getting same error. Even though the error is mentioned in the apple documentation, there is no solution how can it be resolved.

Please help me to solve this .Thankyou very much.