PriviledgedHelperTools - Mandatory for app function?

Greetings all,

I have installed 2 similar function apps (which are safe/signed e.t.c.) I run at different times, and both add items to the Login Items background section, the one is adding a background daemon and is only functioning when the switch is turned to on, while the other adds a PriviledgedHelperTool and can function even if the switch is turned to off, but if it is turned to on, but if I run this app then somehow the other breaks and can not function properly. So as a workaround I keep the PriviledgedHelperTool switch to off and only the other app's daemon switch to on so they can both operate whenever I want.

My question has to do with the one that adds the PriviledgeHelperTool, and I wonder if this script contains any crucial information for the functioning of the according application. Though even if I deleted the PriviledgedHelperTool of it from the according folder, and launched the app, it seems it was not regenerated neither any notification shown up or so. Furthermore even if I removed the PriviledgedHelperTool the app seems to function properly, but I would like that thought to be confirmed by some community experts / developers here.

I am on MacBook Air M1, macOS Sonoma 14.3 Developer Beta

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Best regards.

Replies

I’m struggling to understand your setup, so let me start with something basic:

I have installed 2 similar function apps

Are these apps that you’re building?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"