Cant release my applications. Undefined Developer.

Hello

I jump on my mac every 3-4 months to release new version of my apps. Process usually is "ok" some cmake/compile issues as 99% of dev is done on windows but other than that its all good.

But now I'm stuck. My app can run locally/start etc just fine, but clients are panicking because they can't run them. They have undefined developer warning.

I don't understand this. Its notarised and been working for 2 years. What am I doing wrong ?!

How can I test it ? I tried creating new user-profile on my mac, but there is no issue, app starts. Do I need to buy ANOTHER mac to test my apps before release ?!

Can any1 help how to debug this issue? I'm lost, I used finder-compress myapp.app & send it via slack to client to get him quickly going but that does not help either. - I though it was zip stripping down data or something.

Anyway, very frustrated here, and lost. Can any1 help? hint? Is this good resource to check against? https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html

I've run spctl --assess --type execute myApp and I'm getting rejected (bundle format is ambiguous (could be app or framework)) But then why does it notarize/sign/etc with no errors ?!

I'm so lost :- ((((

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've attached app content >

Ok I've tested my older releases, they all have the same issue but they all work on client system. I'm so lost :- (((

Replies

You can find a lot of info about this stuff in my Notarisation Resources post, and the two other “Resources” posts that it links to.

How can I test it?

The best way, IMO, is the one described in Testing a Notarised Product.

I recommend that you start there. If that fails, you then have a concrete error you can investigate.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"