Certificates : Problem with Convert a CER file to a P12 file !!

I have a strange problem and I don't know what's causing it A year ago, I purchased this account and created a certificate and it was working successfully, but its time expired on 1/8/2024, and I want to create a new one in order to update my applications. So I went to create a new certificate of type (iOS Distribution) and it was downloaded successfully, and when I called it in the (Keychain access) program in order to convert it to (.P12) instead of (.cer). But the program refuses to recall it, and I choose the (Local Item) section. thus :

But when the file is dragged or double-clicked while I am standing in the (Login) section, the certificate is summoned successfully, and here the real problem begins. It is assumed that in order for me to convert the certificate from (cer) to (p12), there must be an arrow next to the certificate so that the key appears so that it can be pressed. Right-click, then we choose Export, and then we choose (p12). This happens because there is no arrow next to the certificate, and also when I By clicking on the certificate to export it, I am not allowed to choose (p12).

How can I convert the file successfully because I want to update my applications, which is very important.

Replies

The issue here is that you’re missing your private key, so you have a certificate but not digital identity. I talk about this difference in Certificate Signing Requests Explained.

Also, you seem to have overridden the trust settings on your certificate. That’s never a good idea. See Fixing an untrusted code signing certificate.

Are you using Xcode? I usually just enable automatic code signing and let it sort this stuff out for me (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"