Kernel Development Kit Missing

It seems like the Kernel Debug Kit for macOS 14.2.1 (23C71) and macOS 14.3 GM (23D56) are both missing from the list of downloads at developer.apple.com. It would be great if you could add them to the list of available downloads.

When trying to e.g. use the macOS 14.2 (23C64) Kernel Debug Kit on macOS 14.2.1 (23C71) it fails with the following error message:

Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=34 "Missing Developer Kit: As of macOS 13.0, you will need to install a KDK matching your build 23C71 to rebuild kernel collections." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Missing Developer Kit: As of macOS 13.0, you will need to install a KDK matching your build 23C71 to rebuild kernel collections.}

Is there a workaround for this if e.g. the kernel was not substantially changed in minor releases?

What is the general procedure to release Kernel Development Kits? It seems like they are not released at the same time as the macOS releases and not for every build. Would it be possible to ensure that a Kernel Development Kit is released alongside the next macOS release (probably 14.3) and onward?

I also filed a feedback at FB13555096.

Accepted Reply

Thank you for releasing the Kernel Debug Kit for macOS 14.3 (23D56)! It would be great to hear more about the planned releases as new macOS versions are released and if there are any workarounds in case there is no KDK available for a specific version.

Replies

I would like to upvote this issue.

I support this issue and would like to see it tackled soon!

Thank you for releasing the Kernel Debug Kit for macOS 14.3 (23D56)! It would be great to hear more about the planned releases as new macOS versions are released and if there are any workarounds in case there is no KDK available for a specific version.