Trouble deving universal links, only error is enterprise managed device

iOS 16.4 and 17.2.1

Hello, I've been developing the universal link for my mobile application and I can't actually get the app to open when the link is tapped.

I went through some trial and error.. but here's my current status:

testing my url in settings -> developer -> associated domains shows that my link should open an installed application

sysdiagnose logs show that everything looks good there:

Service:              applinks
App ID:               1234abcd.com.example
Domain:               example.com
User Approval:        unspecified
Site/Fmwk Approval:   approved
Last Checked:         2023-08-24 10:09:00 +0000
Next Check:           2023-08-18 21:00:19 +0000

The only thing that indicates an error of some kind is the console logs during install.. when filtering on swcd it shows an error for Error getting enterprise-managed associated domains data. If this device is not enterprise-managed, this is normal: Error Domain=SWCErrorDomain Code=1701 UserInfo={Line=231, Function=<private>}

I'm not sure if this is a managed device - my understanding is that managed devices allow enterprise businesses to operate the device remotely essentially (send files, run commands, etc). To my knowledge, this isn't enterprise managed device. It is listed in the devices page in my company's developer account, but we are a smaller shop, definitely not enterprise.

I added the associated domain/app link via xcode, and it generated the entitlements file for me.

<key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains.mdm-managed</key>
	<true/>

switching that to false breaks the build:

Provisioning profile "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: <mydomain>.<myapp>.dev" doesn't match the entitlements file's value for the com.apple.developer.associated-domains.mdm-managed entitlement. Profile qualification is using entitlement definitions that may be out of date. Connect to network to update.

Removing it all together builds fine but doesn't allow me to open the app with a link.

The other thing that looks off is an output in the logs filtered on swcd for Developer mode enabled: No but clearly I've enabled developer mode on the phone.

I've pasted my link into my notes app and am attempting to open it from there

If anyone can help me figure out what the disconnect is here, it would be greatly appreciated!