Can vision pro record like traditional iPhones and Macs?

I got a vision pro. I need a recording function, but when I looked it up in the developer documentation, I'm a little worried because it's only in the developer simulator. I'm making a recording app, but I'm asking other developers if they have any information because I don't want to make it so that Apple doesn't suggest or allow guidelines.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of kimeehyeon Down vote post of kimeehyeon

Replies

At present, no. Hopefully they will reconsider that in the future, because the lack of sensor data is extremely limiting to AR apps that are aware of the environment. As is, it would not be possible to have an app that can assist a car mechanic by looking at an engine, identifying what model it is, and walking them through removal or disassembly. We wouldn't be able to use a Golf Swing Analyzer to help a coach analyze form and performance, or make recommendations on how to improve. Tools like Brickit can't look at leftover pieces, figure out a plan for them, and help you locate them amidst the pile. Lack of sensor data means that in many ways, Vision Pro is less capable as an AR device than an iPhone.

• Which is a shame at a price tag of $3,500.

Add a Comment

what?

We would need photo and video recording capabilities. AFAIK, this is not possible right now either, which is limiting potential applications a lot.

I see. I need to keep studying more