How to make the device communicate with the iPhone 15 APP using the USB-C interface?

Before iPhone 15, the lighting interfaces required communication with external devices through mfi authentication,But there is no evidence to suggest that the USB-C interface needs to add an MFi authentication chip for authentication detection. Is there a way to use USB-C to detect external devices and communicate with each other in the app now, so that I can create my app and communicate with hardware devices

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of LatuorDan Down vote post of LatuorDan

Replies

Is there a way to use USB-C to detect external devices and communicate with each other in the app now, so that I can create my app and communicate with hardware devices

Not in the way that you’re hoping for.

iOS and iPadOS will both happily talk to a wide range of standard USB accessories: keyboards, thumb drives, and so on. There isn’t a way to write an app that talks to a custom accessory [1].

You can do this on iPadOS using DriverKit. However, DriverKit is not available on iOS.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Well, there might be with an MFi accessory but:

• We can’t discuss MFi here.

• It sounds like you’re not interested in going down that path anyway.