Need Help with iOS 17 Simulator Installation Error (-67061)

Hello everyone, good day. For months now, I have been trying to get the iOS 17 simulator on my MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, it failed during the installation process. When it reached 100%, it showed 'installing,' but, regrettably, it failed and displayed the following error:

(-67061 invalid signature (code or signature have been modified) Domain: SimDiskImageErrorDomain Code: 5 User Info: { DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2024-02-02 13:57:23 +0000"; unusableErrorDetail = ""; }

Has anyone ever come across this error? I would appreciate it if anyone could shed light on what it means and provide guidance on how to bypass it before attempting the installation again.

Replies

See if this helps: https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/711258

I’m not sure you want to bypass that error. Consider:

% security error -67061
Error: 0xFFFEFA0B -67061 invalid signature (code or signature have been modified)

I’m not sure why you’re seeing this but it suggests that either the download is getting modified or that something is broken with code signature trust evaluation on your Mac.

Try looking in the system log for log entries that mention that error code, and the log entries surrounding those. The system log is a bit overwhelming, so I recommend that you grab a log snapshot immediately after triggering the problem and then explore within that snapshot. I talk about this more in Your Friend the System Log.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"