Rings wont close

iPhone 15 pro max. iOS 17.4 (had to ask here because of normal discussion group rules)

This past Monday I checked my rings and they were all closed. On Tuesday I saw that my Monday rings had changed and were now not closed. The recorded data for the day should be enough to make all the rings closed, but it is acting like it reads some small proportion of the data and stops. I've not noticed this behavior on any other day in my fitness history.

The move ring stops at about 25% and reports 65/260 cal, but the data shows about the same activity as the day before and the day before closed health also shows Monday had a higher than normal active energy level. The step count is off by an order of magnitude. The recorded data clearly shows 15+ minutes of exercise, but the ring shows 1. My stand graph shows 12 hours, but the ring shows 4. (can't post images to this forum so have to describe).

Since then I have tried several things to make it recalculate the data. I've had the iPhone delete all health data and reload from the cloud 3 times. I've reset the phone to factory and reloaded from backup.

I turned back time to Sunday evening at 11:58 and let the day turn over and did the same for Monday and it keeps drawing to the same point.

I looked at the underlying data in health and nothing about the day seems strange. I tried adding 1000 extra steps to see if that would make the move ring jump any with no effect.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated since this anomaly broke my 500 day streak (at 498!)

Was sent here when I asked in the general forums and they pointed out I was running public beta, so had to ask here.

Replies

Was sent here when I asked in the general forums and they pointed out I was running public beta, so had to ask here.

That’s bad advice over there. This forum isn’t the right place for troubleshooting app issues, whether on beta or on an official release. According to the beta FAQ, about all you can do is this:

When you experience an issue or something does not work as expected, send your feedback directly to Apple with Feedback Assistant.