Google passkey creation fails

Hey all, so I currently have a passkey provider application on iOS that works for every RP except for google.

I found this post here saying the AttestationObject needs to be an ordered dictionary and can confirm on https://webauthn.me/debugger that my object is an ordered dictionary in the correct format.

However, google fails to create the key every time saying generically the passkey can't be saved at this time.

I'm just curious if there is something unique about google, like are they maybe whitelisting providers? Or do they require something extra that I need to send?

I can't find any other information for why google wouldn't work while everyone else does.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Accepted Reply

If anyone else runs in to this issue. Silly mistake on my part. You have the attestation object that needs to be ordered, but the public key is also a cbor map which needs to be ordered, and then Google will work.

Replies

If anyone else runs in to this issue. Silly mistake on my part. You have the attestation object that needs to be ordered, but the public key is also a cbor map which needs to be ordered, and then Google will work.