iPad and Apple Pencil Playground Submission

Your app playground must be built with and run on Swift Playgrounds 4.4 or later (requires iPadOS 16 or macOS 13.5, or later) or Xcode 15 on macOS 13.5, or later. You may incorporate the use of Apple Pencil.

If I want to develop a playground for the iPad and Apple Pencil, am I limited to using Playgrounds on iPadOS to make it? Or could I also use Playgrounds on macOS and Xcode?

If I use Xcode to make my iPad playground, should I select "Xcode" for "Which software should we use to run your app playground?" I assume so, as I used Xcode to make my app — but then it will be run in a simulator by the judges, which means they cannot use the Apple Pencil.

I'm a little lost here. Any guidance is appreciated.

Replies

You can use whatever software you like to create your playground (xcode or swift playgrounds). However, you’ll want to select the swift playgrounds choice for this question. Also, make sure that you are creating an app playground (.swiftpm file) even if you are creating your playground with Xcode.

• I'd also like to add that you should test your app playground in Swift Playgrounds as well even if you make it in Xcode, as sometimes some things might not work. Usually that's not the case but it's best to be sure :)

Add a Comment