UIScrollView Simulators vs Devices

I have a UIScrollView that works perfectly on simulators for all the devices and orientations. However, whenever I try to do testing of the App on an actual device, the UIScrollView is all black. In addition, it looks like it scrolls since there's a scroll bar along the edge that moves when I try to "scroll" the black box. However, when I change orientations of the device, it no longer even does that.

I have stopped the App at various points to test out the heights and widths of the various views and they all look good. Yet, nothing but a black box shows up on the device.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

I did end up figuring this out. I had all the background colors on the different views as 'default' except for the UITextView at the top and that was "clear". So, what was happening was that on the simulators, the background was white as default and on the devices the background was black as default. So, the text was there it was just hidden due to the text and viewed background colors were both black. When I change the background colors to white (as I intended them to be). It now works on both the simulators and the devices.

Thanks.

Replies

I did end up figuring this out. I had all the background colors on the different views as 'default' except for the UITextView at the top and that was "clear". So, what was happening was that on the simulators, the background was white as default and on the devices the background was black as default. So, the text was there it was just hidden due to the text and viewed background colors were both black. When I change the background colors to white (as I intended them to be). It now works on both the simulators and the devices.

Thanks.