I want to retrieve SIP logs from IOS mobile device

Hi Team, I am creating an application which is based on tele communications testing where I need to retrieve the SIP logs from the device. How can we achieve? Any approach apple team suggest which will be highly appreciated.

Thank You, Vijay

Replies

Please clarify what you mean by “SIP logs”. Are these logs generated by your app? Or logs generated by the system? And what does “SIP” mean in this context?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

SIP means Session Initiate Protocol, this protocol has the information about signalling of audio/video call and generated by the system (framework).I want to retrieve the system logs which will have the information about sip logs and RIL(Radio interface Layer) logs. How to get the Ios system logs?

I would like to have a discussion on this.

I would like to have a discussion on this.

That’s what we’re doing right here. I recommend that you review Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips, and specifically tip 3.

How to get the iOS system logs?

There are a variety of ways that you can get at the system log on iOS. Your Friend the System Log lists the ones I most commonly use.

With regards your specific question, there are limits how much I can help you with that:

• DTS supports APIs, and the iOS SDK has no APIs to access these specific log entries.

• The system log almost certainly contains some of the info you’re looking for but, as far as I know [1], Apple has no documentation about how to find the logging for these specific subsystems.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] And remember that I work for DTS, where the focus is APIs, so we don’t maintain expertise in telephony issues.