Apple TV 4K (HDMI + WIFI ONLY) cannot prepare into MDM

Hello, my company ordered Apple TV 4K HDMI + WIFI only.. The device has no ethernet or USB-C port. Only has HDMI and power port. I read on Apple's website to connect to Apple configurator I have to do it via WIFI.

I followed the steps from the Apple website (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/apple-configurator-2/cada1ba9dab1/mac) but once I'm paired to the Apple TV and I try to "Prepare" in Apple configurator to get the device setup on MDM it tells me the AppleTV device is already prepared and asks to "Erase" which I do then the Apple TV is back to the beginning setup screen and no longer connected to WIFI... Once I run through the setup again and get back on WIFI and goto pair screen it says the same thing when I try to prepare again.. Just going in circles and not getting anywhere.. Anyone have a solution?

Prepare Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K using Wi-Fi or Ethernet Make sure your Apple TV is connected to the same network your Mac is connected to. Make sure the Apple TV is at the first screen of the Setup Assistant that says Pair Your Remote. Launch Apple Configurator 2 . From the Apple Configurator 2 menu, choose Paired Devices. Select your Apple TV in the Paired Devices list, then click Pair. Enter the six-digit personal identification number (PIN) that appears on the screen of your Apple TV. Select your Apple TV in the device window of the Apple Configurator 2. Click Prepare and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Apple TV.