App stuck in Ready for Review state

Last week I've submitted a new update for review doing the standard procedure for iOS, Mac and Vision.

When submitting them both the Mac and Vision App switched to Waiting for Review state but the iOS one got stuck in Ready for Review state.

I've tried a few times canceling the submission and submitting again and it always gets stuck in the "Ready for Review" state.

Under the App Review section shows as Waiting for Review but on the general page shows Ready for Review.

I've tried using the App Store Connect the API and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Accepted Reply

@manuelventura @begiljen updating that the issue was resolved for me a few hours ago - app update went into review all of a sudden and was approved.

• @fredy21 great to hear that you got it sorted :) Did it go into review without you doing anything? Or did you try to cancel/resubmit and then it went through?

• @begiljen went into review without me doing anything... not sure what happened, but hopefully would quickly get resolved for you too!

• Same for me. I got an email from Apple Support that the issue was fixed. I cancel my submission and I re-submit it again and now the state changed into "Waiting for Review" as expected. Thank you App Store Connect folks for fixing this 🙌

Replies

I´ve had this issue with one of my apps for almost 1 month now. I´ve been able to publish updates for two of my iOS apps, but one is stuck in this exact state that you are experiencing. I´ve created support tickets for it, but no feedback or resolution so far.

For the app that is stuck I´ve tried canceling the submission, adding new builds, changing the version number, updating metadata, etc, to no avail.

• I've also created a couple of support tickets and no answers so far. I've tried multiple things like that as well. Adding a new build, new version number, metadata... I also even tried doing it trough their API and no luck.

I wonder what else we can try?

• One thing I did differently when this issue started was that I added a semi-large attachment to App Review (a mp4 video explaining some stuff). I´ve been wondering if this could have been what's blocking the process. Other than that I just did what I normally do when submitting updates, could be just a random incident also I guess. I´ve since removed the attachment again, but that did not help.

I´ll keep you posted on any progress on the issue.

• Thanks for answering @begiljen! Yesterday I called Apple from the Contact page and I talked to a representative and opened a case about this issue. I sent them a video showing the issue and how even if I cancel the submission when I submitted again it always go into the Ready For Review state. I'll let you know as well if I hear anything back from them.

Add a Comment

I've also been facing the same issue for >3 weeks now. Tried everything, including opening support tickets but all I know is it's being investigated... Any chance you were able to find a solution?

• No solution neither for me. :-( I've created a support ticket and they said that they would give an answer in 24/48 hours about the matter but it's been almost a week and I haven't heard anything from back from support.

• Still the same status for me as well. My support ticket was created on January 26, still no solution.

• I've contacted support again and they've said that the Engineering team is looking at it but that's all they said. No time-frame for a fix, possible solution or work-around. 😢

Add a Comment

No solution yet.

I've tried using the App Connect API in order to cancel the submission and submitted again for review and the same issue happens.

If I fetch the App Review status I get "Ready For Review". If I do then an API call to submit it for review I get an error saying "The App is already submitted for review".

I wonder what else can we do to fix this invalid state issue? Maybe transferring the App to another account would fix the issue?

@manuelventura @begiljen updating that the issue was resolved for me a few hours ago - app update went into review all of a sudden and was approved.

• @fredy21 great to hear that you got it sorted :) Did it go into review without you doing anything? Or did you try to cancel/resubmit and then it went through?

• @begiljen went into review without me doing anything... not sure what happened, but hopefully would quickly get resolved for you too!

• Same for me. I got an email from Apple Support that the issue was fixed. I cancel my submission and I re-submit it again and now the state changed into "Waiting for Review" as expected. Thank you App Store Connect folks for fixing this 🙌