TLS_ISSUE with IAP Server Setup on AppStore Connect

Hi colleagues! I've encountered a technical issue during the setup of my In-App Purchase (IAP) server for my app (com.forgetmenuts) on AppStore Connect.

In the "Info" section of my app's page on AppStore Connect, I've configured the "App Store Server Notifications" endpoints to: https://sys-conf.com/hooks/subscription/ios/debug.

Here's the challenge I'm facing:

When I initiate a "Request a Test Notification," everything seems to function as expected. I successfully receive the "testNotificationToken."

However, the issue arises when I attempt to request the status of this token. At this stage, I encounter an error with the firstSendAttemptResult indicating a TLS_ISSUE. the error is described here: app store docs.

I have verified the TLS configurations of my domain (sys-conf.com). Both TLS 1.2 and 1.3 are active and functioning correctly (verified through this TLS Checker: site24x7.com/tools/tls-checker.html

I am looking for guidance on how to resolve this TLS issue. Any insights or suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who might have faced and resolved similar challenges.

Replies

Hello, thank you for reaching out. So I looked at your connection via OpenSSL. While I do see a certificate configured for Let's Encrypt, I don't see the corresponding certificate chain from Let's Encrypt back to a root CA. Please make sure your server is returning the entire certificate chain, not just the leaf certificate.