In Real Time Panoramic View on Apple Vision Pro

I've seen videos on how people on Youtube are using the Apple Vision pro as a Camera Monitor. I found this very neat, but I was wondering if there is a way to make a live stream panoramic view of live CCTV footage, with the Apple Vision Pro. SO my question is, can you make a panoramic view of something that is live, in real time?

Replies

I'm wondering the same. Projecting a Swift UI view on a panoramic plane would be awesome. But I couldn't find a way to do this.

Hello @ThatOneWannabeDev,

In principle, this is the same task as presenting any livestream video, our recommended technology for that is HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).

The only difference here is that, instead of presenting that livestream on a typical plane geometry, you would present it on your panoramic plane geometry, and VideoMaterial lets you map videos onto arbitrary geometry!

• Great. That works fine for video consumption. But how can I make this work for interactive UIs, like SwiftUI or an interactable map?

• There is no API to map SwiftUI views onto arbitrary geometry, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant.

Add a Comment