Debugging of CMWaterSubmersionManager

Hi all,

I am trying to build an app which, on support Apple Watch's (currently just the Ultra's), will detect when the watch has been submerged and will start to report temperature from the sensor.

I have followed the developer articles I could find around CMWaterSubmersionManager and have set up a simple class to interact with it.

It is now that I want to run my app and test if it is working as I expect it to etc. However I noticed that the waterSubmersionAvailable is only set to true on physical Apple Watch Ultra and Ultra 2. This is rather inconvenient as it means that for the next week or so while developing this feature I will have to stick my arm wearing the watch into a container of water to test the feature.

Just wondering if there is any easier way to debug this stuff that anyone has figured out? It would be ideal if this could just be done in the simulator similar to how other device conditions can be induced.

I did notice the "Enable Easy Submersion" option in the Debug menu, however I could not figure out a difference between having this on or off, and could not find any explanation of what it actually does on the docs. Does anyone have any experience with this either?

Any advice would be appreciated, and to any Apple engineers who may see this, please please please add an option to be able to debug this stuff in the Simulator