Will Capacitor-Wrapped PWA Custom Apps work offline in IOS 17.4 - and what about maintaining multiple versions?

Scenario:

Apple decided to not support PWAs in Europe in IOS 17.4. My company has multiple Angular PWAs, all using IndexedDB and providing full offline-usage as main feature, that apparently won't work anymore.

The apps communicate with a server. We maintain two versions of that server, e.g. v1.1 and v1.2 - some customers don't want or can't upgrade to v1.2 just yet. Not all new features of an app will get implemented in v1.1, and eventually we won't push updates for it anymore. At some point, we'll have the same situation with e.g. v1.2 and v1.3.

My questions:

Do I understand correctly that offline-usage and IndexedDB features won't work anymore? If I wrap the PWAs via Capacitor and upload them as Custom App via App Store Connect, in IOS 17.4...

• Will the app, including routing, work offline?
  • Will the IndexedDb still be usable as permanent data storage?
  • Can I upload v1.1 and v1.2 as separate apps or will I have to create on app with in-app purchase options? If it's the latter, how do I push updates? Apparently, Apple Review can cause problems with separate apps that have similar functions...

Thank you for your time!