SignInWithApple / AuthenticationServices fails SwiftUI

Xcode 15.2, iOS 17.2

I have a piece of code that displays videos. It has been working for at least 6 months. Suddenly only the first video played. The following videos would only play audio with the video being frozen at the first frame. I noticed that SwiftUI would start to instantiate multiple instances of my player observable class instead of just one.

After chasing the problem for most of a day I found that if I completely removed every piece of code referencing AuthenticationServices then everything would work fine again.

Even if I add the following piece of code which is not used or called in any way. Then SwiftUI will start to act weird.

func configure(_ request: ASAuthorizationAppleIDRequest) {
      request.requestedScopes = [.fullName, .email]
 }

If I comment out request.requestedScopes = [.fullName, .email] everything works fine. The SignInWithApple is configured and works fine if I enable the code.

Any suggestions on how to solve or any work arounds would be highly appreciated.

Replies

This is indeed very strange! Please file this through Feedback Assistant with as much details as you can possibly provide. Screen recordings, sample code, etc. would be highly appreciated!