An error has occurred. Unable to display information about the selected item.

Hello,

I'm have a new Macbook and setup my Enterprise account. Part of my job is to view the expiration dates on certificates for other users. This should be a simple process but when I click on the certificate, there's a button "view certificates" I should be able to click on and see the expiration date and basic details on that specific certificate.

The problem I have is that when I click on "view certificates", I get the error: "An error has occurred. Unable to display information about the selected item."

I've tried steps online but to no avail. How can I get this fixed? My two other coworkers are able to just click on that button and view the certificate details, except for me. I've attached the screenshot.

Thank you for your help

Regards JJ

• Regenerate because it looks like it has data it shouldn't have based on the message or ask your coworkers what they did. They will have more context on what they did than anyone here.

Add a Comment

Replies

Is this certificate part of a code-signing identity? Or is it used for something else?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hello Eskimo,

I don't use keychain for nothing more than just to open an SSO certificate to view the details including the expiration date. It should be simple to open any cert with keychain just to view the details, but I get that error message. This is a new Enterprise Macbook that I just set up weeks ago. Any ideas on that error?

Regards JJ

I think what you need is a p12 certificate.

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier. I missed your reply for some reason.

I don't use keychain for nothing more than just to open an SSO certificate to view the details including the expiration date.

OK. In that case I’m going to redirect you to Apple Support Community, run by Apple Support, and specifically in the Business and Education topic area, where you’re more likely to find folks with relevant experience.

DevForums is primarily focused on code-level issues and, while we do dabble in certificates, it’s generally with the goal of signing code.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"