Group Activities Entitlements on MacCatalyst

I am adding Group Activities integration with a MacCatalyst app. I have added the Group Activities entitlement in Xcode. I also checked the entitlements with :

codesign --display --entitlements :-

I can see the entitlement :

<key>com.apple.developer.group-session</key><true/><key>

The feature work fine on iPadOS but when I run it on MacOS, the GroupActivitySharingController is not loading properly. I get the following error messages:

Cannot run query EXQuery: extension point com.apple.groupactivities platforms: 6 with error: (null) Failed to lookup extension with query EXQuery: extension point com.apple.groupactivities platforms: 6 on <_GroupActivities_UIKit.PeoplePickerController: 0x600005020980> Failed to fetch config for hostViewController <_GroupActivities_UIKit.PeoplePickerController: 0x600005020980> Failed to build remote hostViewController for <_GroupActivities_UIKit.GroupActivitySharingController: 0x1417f1250> Failed to fetch extensionViewController Calling -viewDidAppear: directly on a view controller is not supported, and may result in out-of-order callbacks and other inconsistent behavior. Use the -beginAppearanceTransition:animated: and -endAppearanceTransition APIs on UIViewController to manually drive appearance callbacks instead. Make a symbolic breakpoint at UIViewControllerAlertForAppearanceCallbackMisuse to catch this in the debugger. View controller: <_GroupActivities_UIKit.GroupActivitySharingController: 0x1417f1250>

I got a similar error on iPadOS when the entitlement was not added. Now that I have the entitlement, the error appears only on MacOS.

Does MacOS/MacCatalyst use a different entitlements file? What could be cuasing this?