HTMLAudioElement issues in iOS 17.4

We have an angular/ionic based app that has an audio playback feature. It appears that iphone (but not ipad) users who upgrade to iOS 17.4 can no longer play audio in our app. iPad users who upgraded to 17.4 don't have an issue.

We use the HTMLAudioElement for audio playback. It appears that in 17.4 it is no longer firing the 'canplay' event that we listening for, for starting our playback. The other data buffering events like 'loadeddata' are also not being delivered. By changing the logic to listen for the 'loadstart' event, audio playback works and then the remaining 'canplaythrough' and 'canplay' are delivered. In other words, I need to start playback before any data buffering status events are delivered, otherwise they never get delivered. I am testing this against an audio delivery server on my same machine and have confirmed that the data is correctly delivered.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue on iphones in iOS 17.4?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of drjvp Down vote post of drjvp

Replies

Has someone found any solution?

I changed the event from "loadeddata" to "loadedmetadata", and all started working as before. Maybe this fix can help you

Hello. yes, I have a similar problem, with ios 17.2 the app works well with webview streaming audio, but with ios 17.4 nothing reproduces for me. mp3 audio that I have in the app works, but streaming does not