Can i do cellular call from my iOS app without user interaction and send message to particular number without user interaction in iOS swift.

My requirement is here-

1- We need to implement functionality in my iOS app to do call (cellular call) without user interaction.

2- We need to implement functionality in my iOS app to send normal message to particular phone number without user interaction.

3- Fetch OS log (NOT MY APPLICATION LOG). we need to fetch OS log when cellular call going on in device this log need to collect in my iOS app for identify the network strength and other things like call is connected and disconnect etc. Thanks

Replies

There’s no supported way to do any of these things on iOS.

With regards item 1, you have the tel: URL scheme, but it requires user interaction.

With regards item 2, I’m not sure what “normal message” means but I’m presuming you’re talking about SMS, in which case the answer in QA1944 Sending SMS Programmatically is still correct.

With regards item 3, there’s no way to programmatically access logs entries from other processes.

If you’re targeting a managed environment then it’s possible that there might be ways achieve some of these goals using MDM. Honestly, I don’t think so, but I’m hardly an MDM expert, so if you are working with managed devices I recommend that you do some independent research.

If you’re targeting normal users then… well… you could file enhancement requests for these features but IMO it’s probably not worth your time.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"