Settings bundle for DEXT loading app does not display content.

I have an app that loads a DEXT (driver). This app includes a settings bundle that allows me to activate/deactivate the driver. When I issue the API call to activate the driver, iOS switches to the Settings app and displays the page for my DEXT loading application but the switch to enable the driver, which is part of my settings bundle, does not appear.

I'm using this API call: OSSystemExtensionRequest.activationRequest(forExtensionWithIdentifier: "driver-id", queue: .main)

Here are the contents of my settings bundle Root.plist: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>StringsTable</key> <string>Root</string> </dict> </plist>

Here are the contents of my Root.strings file: "Group" = "Group"; "Name" = "Name"; "none given" = "none given"; "Enabled" = "Enabled";

Accepted Reply

The iPad I'm trying to use is not an M1 or M2 iPad, which is a requirement for the DriverKit extensions. I have the generation just prior to the M1 iPad.

Replies

Ignore the API call I listed in the initial post. That is for macOS not iPadOS. I actually support both platforms but the issue I'm having is with the iPad. There we simply launch the settings app using the following technique:

extension ExtensionManager {
    func activate() {
        guard let url = URL(string: UIApplication.openSettingsURLString) else {
            return
        }
        UIApplication.shared.open(url)
    }

func deactivate() {
    }
}

The iPad I'm trying to use is not an M1 or M2 iPad, which is a requirement for the DriverKit extensions. I have the generation just prior to the M1 iPad.