(API to) switching device/display using keyboard with Universal Control

Universal Control works to share keyboard and mouse from one mac to another, but actually switching seems to require physically moving the mouse to the other display.

Ideally, I'd like Apple to support some command available via command-key equivalents to cycle to other devices in the way that we can cycle through applications or windows.

Seeking to program that directly, I was unable to find any Universal Control API's on point. Are there any? I can imagine restricted this to the OS only for security.

In case there are display-driven API's, I see that system settings/displays shows all the displays from all devices, but I was unable to find a UI or API's to change focus to another display (other than moving the mouse to select the display). When I list displays programmatically, I only see the device-local displays.

In case there are device-driven APIs: I can initialize a bluetooth session and secure credentials, but interaction seems to be unavailable.

Replies

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback! Could you please file a report using Feedback Assistant and reply with the ID? That will help us track your feedback and make sure it gets to the right people!