Digital Services Act compliance - are non-profits non-traders?

We develop and publish apps as a non-profit organization and we absolutely make no money through these apps. Now can I choose the option "This is a non-trader provider account" in the complicance requirements? Does anyone have an idea?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Psalm103 Down vote post of Psalm103
1.2k views
  • I think I answered that wrong. I somehow thought "Trader" meant using apps as a storefront rather than selling the app itself. So a clothing store, stocks, etc. But maybe anyone selling apps or IAP is a "Trader". Although if true, that would seem to be better guidance than whatever was given.

• Truely said. What should I do as I have IAP in the app ?

Add a Comment

Replies

IANAL.

Non-profits can trade. Consider e.g. a charity that sells you a T-shirt and uses the income from that for their good works. That's certainly trading.

On the other hand, a non-profit may be a non-trader. For example, if you just give things away. That's probably not trading.

@Psalm103 , from your user name I'm guessing you might be a church. There may be special rules specifically related to religious groups. Ask your accountant!