The shortcut does not work as expected; the content entered cannot be synchronized to the memo.

My requirement is to execute this shortcut on the Apple Watch, where I input speech, and it's converted into text to be saved in the memo app. However, the shortcut doesn't function correctly on the Apple Watch, and I can't sync the content to the memo app. Suspecting an issue with synchronization, I added the current time along with my voice input, only to find that while the current time gets transferred, the text does not.

I wondered if the problem was with voice input, so I tried switching to keyboard input, but the outcome remained unchanged.

I have tested this issue on multiple Apple Watches and found the problem persists across all devices. Both my phone and iWatch are updated to the latest system versions.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/d58d14627dbe450ead5e9217e1a68c27

Replies

Can you please file this as a Feedback and post the FB number here? We can get it routed to the correct team for investigation.

• FB13693640 thanks

Add a Comment

I think this probably comes down to "dictate text" works as expected if the shortcut runs on the watch (e.g., the text goes to the Drafts watch app), but not if the shortcut runs on the phone (as is the case here, because Notes only exists on the phone). The Feedback would still be valuable, however, so please do file & post. Thank you!