Cannot locate Release or Debug native libraries for Apple Unity plugins for iOS.

I am in Unity 2022.3.21f1 using the Apple plugins for Unity with the following versions:

Apple.Core - 3.1.0 Apple.Accessibility - 1.1.0 Apple.GameController - 1.2.0 Apple.GameKit - 2.2.0

I am on MacOS 14.4 Apple Silicon and Xcode 15.3.

I started working in a file that I haven't worked on in a while, and found that I was getting errors in Unity with the Apple.Accessibility plugin, so I updated the Apple plugins and stopped getting the errors. However, when I went to build my project (which is just for iOS), I now get the following error for each of the four plugins I have installed:

Please ensure that the build invocation (build.py, xcodebuild, or Xcode) compiled cleanly and that the build was configured to support Release on iOS.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Apple.Core.AppleNativeLibraryUtility:ProcessWrapperLibrary (string,UnityEditor.BuildTarget,string,UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode.PBXProject) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.apple.unityplugin.core@ba71bdbec187/Editor/ApplePlugInEnvironment.cs:604)
Apple.GameController.Editor.AppleGameControllerBuildStep:OnProcessFrameworks (Apple.Core.AppleBuildProfile,UnityEditor.BuildTarget,string,UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode.PBXProject) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.apple.unityplugin.gamecontroller@4ec66225948e/Editor/AppleGameControllerBuildStep.cs:61)
Apple.Core.AppleBuild:OnPostProcessBuild (UnityEditor.BuildTarget,string) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.apple.unityplugin.core@ba71bdbec187/Editor/AppleBuild.cs:195)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler () (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:493)

I downloaded these plugins from Github and built with the build.py script, and had no errors in doing so. I've tried rebuilding multiple times and even specifying the platform as Release (although the default is all so it should have built Release anyways). I've tried rolling back to previous versions of the plugins as well with no luck so far. I don't remember which exact versions I used to be on but have had no luck with the approximate ones.

Does anyone know how I can point Unity to the NativeRelease folders? I've checked that the frameworks for my libraries are there (i.e. at ../Library/PackageCache/com.apple.unityplugin.core@287366a1eaa5/NativeLibraries~/Release/iOS/AppleCoreNative.framework)

Replies

If you are using a Unity batchmode build then Core-3.1.0 is not working. It uses EditorApplication.update += OnEditorUpdate; which does not trigger in batch mode. It also imports assets from an InitalizeOnLoad call which Unity does not support.

• Same issue there but without using batchmode. How can we solve it then?

Add a Comment