App rejected due to Guideline 3.2.2 - Business - Other Business Model Issues - Unacceptable

Hi!

I'm trying to upload a new app, featuring a desktop console videogames catalogue where users can search, compare reviews & pricing, plus watching videos / screenshots and full detail of each videogame.

The apple review team rejected it claiming that:

We noticed your app displays apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to the App Store. Please note that features such as filtering, bookmarking, searching, or sharing recommendations are not considered to be significantly different from the App Store.

However, my app has nothing to do with app store nor the apps that appear on it, but as said, it helps to search & find desktop console videogames.

Any piece of advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

You can respond and explain that your app displays non-App Store apps. Ensure everyone understands that your app focuses solely on desktop console video games.

Thank you @lomegano, yeah that was my immediate response, just concerned about whether the issue is about showing Appstore apps (which is not my case) or more about showing a "catalogue of something", which I hope not. Anyway, still waiting for the next review with fingers crossed :) Thanks for your reply!