ShareExtension suggestions loosing avatars after a while

Hello, I am developing a Chat application, and I was able to successfully implement INSendMessageIntent to be able to have suggestions in Share Extensions with some of my contacts.

I've noticed that after a day or two, avatars are lost, and 2 tested devices are displaying empty background.

When I use my app to send a message, this new chat appears with avatar properly, but just after some time it goes away.

I am using:

let avatarImage = INImage(url: avatarUrl)
intent.setImage(avatarImage, forParameterNamed: \.speakableGroupName)

where avatarUrl can be a file created in NSTemporaryDirectory or just a file in my shared AppGroup directory.

As you can see, Telegram suggestions work fine, suggestions from my app works well as well when I donate the intent, but after some time avatars just goes away

Does apple perform some avatar caching, so when I donate the intent avatars are stored for Share sheet somewhere? Or they always use my local url and I need to make sure it's not deleted?

Replies

Fixed it by myself, leaving it here for other people, and maybe for Apple team to sort out this issue.

Instead of using:

INImage(url: avatarUrl)

I am using

INImage(imageData: avatarData)

Originally my avatarUrl was pointing to documentsDirectory, also tried to use FileManager.default.containerURL(forSecurityApplicationGroupIdentifier: appGroupIdentifier), but all those resulted in avatars being gone after iPhone restart.

Using BinaryData fixes the issue