Keyboard not appearing when connecting smart card reader to iPhones with type-c port. i.e. iPhone 15/ 15 pro

I'm facing an issue where the keyboard does not appear on my iPhone 15/15 Pro when I connect a smart card reader via Type-C. This issue occurs across all applications and is not specific to any particular app.

Steps to Reproduce:

•⁠ ⁠Connect a smart card reader to the iPhone 15/15 Pro via Type-C port.

•⁠ ⁠Open any application with a text field (e.g., Notes, Messages, Safari).

•⁠ ⁠Tap on the text field to start typing.

Expected Behavior:

• Upon tapping the text field, the keyboard should appear, allowing the user to input text.

Actual Behavior:

• The keyboard does not appear when tapping on the text field, making it impossible to input text.

Additional Information:

This issue occurs consistently across different applications, indicating that it's not app-specific. I have tried restarting the device and re-connecting the smart card reader, but the issue persists. The smart card reader is recognized by the iPhone, as I can interact with it using compatible apps.

Device and Software Information:

•⁠ ⁠iPhone 15/15 Pro •⁠ ⁠iOS version: 17.3.1

Query:

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with connecting a smart card reader to the iPhone 15/15 Pro? Are there any known workarounds or solutions to resolve this issue? Any insights or assistance would be greatly appreciated.