Questions about user-generated content rules

Hello, My app was rejected by Apple for violations Guideline 1.2 - Safety - User-Generated Content

We found in our review that your app includes user-generated content but does not have all the required precautions. Apps with user-generated content must take specific steps to moderate content and prevent abusive behavior.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement the following precautions:

• A method for filtering objectionable content
  • A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content
  • A mechanism for users to block abusive users

I received the message mentioned above; however, I am uncertain about how to address the specific error it references. Do I need to implement both an automatic content review mechanism and a manual review mechanism?

Could you please provide detailed guidance on what actions need to be taken?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. sontung.tran

Replies

A method for filtering objectionable content

I am uncertain about this; however, if I had to make an educated guess I would say this means that users have a way to limit and control (or filter) the content that is shown in their feed, dashboard, et cetera.

A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content

On most social media platforms that incorporate networking and user interaction, the app developers include a small button or link that onChange allows the user to flag content that they have deemed inappropriate and/or offensive. Perhaps this is what they mean.

A mechanism for users to block abusive users

Again, on most social media platforms or platforms that incorporate user interaction, the app developers include a small button that onChange allows them to block a user that they no longer wish to interact with.