How to use Family Controls in Mac Catalyst? Sandbox restriction

Hey, I am trying to use Family Controls in Mac Catalyst. On the iOS app it works fine. On macOs using Mac Catalyst it builds fine but I get following console output.

Failed to get service proxy: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 159 - Sandbox restriction.}`

When i try to open the FamilyActivityPicker on the macOs app following error is displayed in the GUI.

The operation could not be completed. (FamilyControls.ActivityPickerRemoteView Error error 2.)

Do I need a familyControls capability for macOs? If yes, I only find it for iOS.

Thanks for hints and help :)

Accepted Reply

Does this work if you disable the App Sandbox?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• This works, but when requesting Authorization ** Failed to get service proxy: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process.}**

Same issue here

Add a Comment

Replies

Does this work if you disable the App Sandbox?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• This works, but when requesting Authorization ** Failed to get service proxy: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process.}**

Same issue here

Add a Comment