MacBook Air 2017 display is stretched with resolutions options limited at 1920x1080

I have a MacBook Air 2017 (Dual-Core Intel Core i5) and a Samsung curved display (34” ViewFinity Ultra WQHD High Resolution Monitor with 1000R Curvature -Model : S34A650UXN) that used to display fine using a J5 JUD380 dongle to go from the USB A from MacBook to dongle.

The dongle is connected to the Samsung monitor via a HDMI cable.

Before I shared screen with a 3rd party during an IT session, my screen displayed beautifully.

After I ended that session, I delete the software (don't recall what it was) and maybe an additional plist file(s).

Now my display is stretched with resolutions options limited at 1920x1080.

I have reset the monitor 3 times, and reinstalled OS (currently Montery 12.7.5 beta) 4 times. I deleted the NMRAV.

I have tried a different dongle, and tried 3 different HDMI cables.

I'm out of ideas and I am NOT a techie - please help!

Replies

Hi. These are the Developer Forums where developers of apps for Apple's platforms get together to ask ro help on coding their apps. This isn't the place where Apple's actual developers (i.e., employees) talk about how to fix issues in Apple's software.

The very fact that you had to choose some tags, and decided upon the completely irrelevant "Exception Handling" and "Collaboration" shows that this wasn't the right place for you to post.

Please use the Support Forums at discussions.apple.com to ask your question. Thanks!