Xcode Live Previews | No Keyboard Input

Recently my live preview canvas on Xcode recently stopped accepting my keyboard inputs out of the blue when I type in a textField. Has this bug been addressed? I'm on iOS sim 17.4, Xcode 15.3

Replies

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting text input with your previews working. This is not a known issue, so the best next step will be to file a feedback with diagnostics so we can take a look.

Steps to generate helpful diagnostics:

1. Download and install the logging profile on all devices involved. Instructions and profiles are available here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=swift
  2. Turn on Display the time with seconds in the menu bar on your mac (this will help us aligned user events with logs)
  3. Start a screen recording that includes the time in the menu bar + your Xcode
  4. Reproduce the issue
  5. Click the "Diagnostics" button in the error banner in Previews' Canvas area (or if the banner is missing you can use the menu: Editor > Canvas > Diagnostics)
  6. In the sheet that appears, click "Generate Report" in the bottom left of the sheet
  7. Attach (or make from the folder) the resulting zip file to the bug report (will be named something like previews-diagnostics-0123456789.zip)
  8. Generate the sysdiagnose(s) and attach those too

Then report back here with the feedback ID and I'll make sure it gets looked at as soon as possible!

@LarenzJr I faced the same problem, Xcode 15.3, iOS Sim 17.4 reinstallation did not help at all.

The issue was resolved by installing Xcode 15.4 beta and building the project for its preview.

Xcode 15.3 started working as expected after this.