openSettingsURLString For Privacy & Security -> Health

Apple Recommended

• Understand. It's a little frustrating though as it still seems like the only supported Settings link takes the user to the app Settings, to access anything else they then have to go back, scroll up the top and then select the relevant menu. Unless you can think of a specific security or privacy benefit for this behaviour? I'll file a feedback anyway just in case 👍

Add a Comment

Replies

I've resolved this. I realised I could use the console and find the URL call the app makes.

After a bit of reverse engineering I came up with this which works on iOS 16.7.2, 17.4.1 & 17.5

UIApplication.shared.open(URL(string: "App-Prefs:Privacy&path=HEALTH")!, completionHandler: { (success) in
            Logger.userevent.info("Settings opened: \(success)")
        })
  • Understand. It's a little frustrating though as it still seems like the only supported Settings link takes the user to the app Settings, to access anything else they then have to go back, scroll up the top and then select the relevant menu. Unless you can think of a specific security or privacy benefit for this behaviour? I'll file a feedback anyway just in case 👍

Add a Comment