Configurable Widget not working in Swift Package

My app has two static widgets. In the widget extension, I have the following code:

import WidgetKit
import SwiftUI
import ItemWidgetsKit

@main
struct ItemWidgetsBundle: WidgetBundle {
    var body: some Widget {
        RecentSavesWidget()
        RecommendationsWidget()
    }
}

the rest of the code, including the two Widget implementations, the TimelineProvider, etc, are in the imported ItemsWidgetKit, which is a library inside a Swift Package containing several libraries. These two widgets work as expected.

Now I am adding a configurable widget, and the code above changes like so:

import WidgetKit
import SwiftUI
import ItemWidgetsKit

@main
struct ItemWidgetsBundle: WidgetBundle {
    @WidgetBundleBuilder var body: some Widget {
        makeWidgets()
    }

func makeWidgets() -> some Widget {
        if #available(iOS 17.0, *) {
            return WidgetBundleBuilder.buildBlock(RecentSavesWidget(), TopicRecommendationsWidget())
        } else {
            return WidgetBundleBuilder.buildBlock(RecentSavesWidget(), RecommendationsWidget())
        }
    }
}

TopicRecommendationsWidget is similar to RecommendationsWidget except that it lets you choose a topic to display recommendations for, by long pressing and selecting an intent.

I followed the same approach of the other two widgets, and put the code inside ItemWidgetsKit This time, though, the widget does not work, and it only loads the placeholder; in fact, in the AppIntentTimelineProvider implementation (see below) only placeholder(in:) gets ever called

@available(iOS 17.0, *)
public struct TopicTimelineProvider: AppIntentTimelineProvider {
    public func placeholder(in context: Context) -> TopicEntry {
        return TopicEntry(date: Date(), content: TopicContent.sampleContent)
    }

public func snapshot(for configuration: TopicIntent, in context: Context) async -> TopicEntry {
        return TopicEntry(date: Date(), content: configuration.topicEntity.topic)
    }

public func timeline(for configuration: TopicIntent, in context: Context) async -> Timeline<TopicEntry> {
        let entry = TopicEntry(date: Date(), content: configuration.topicEntity.topic)

return Timeline(entries: [entry], policy: .never)
    }
}

for more context, here's the code for the configurable Widget implementation (that resides inside ItemWidgetsKit

@available(iOS 17.0, *)
public struct TopicRecommendationsWidget: Widget {
    let kind: String

public init() {
        self.kind = WidgetKind.topicRecommendations // a string stored elsewhere
    }

public var body: some WidgetConfiguration {
        AppIntentConfiguration(kind: kind, intent: TopicIntent.self, provider: TopicTimelineProvider()) { entry in
            TopicWidgetContainerView(entry: entry)
        }
        .configurationDisplayName("New Recommendations")
        .description("Select a Topic")
        .supportedFamilies([.systemMedium, .systemLarge])
    }
}

Any Idea why this happens and what would be the solution to this problem? Thank you