I'd like to know the necessary steps for using the notarytool

Hello, I apologize for my poor English.

Due to the discontinuation of the altool command line tool for notarizing client applications on Mac, we are transitioning from the altool command line to the notarytool command line.

However, when attempting to add a profile to Keychain, the following command returns an error if the userID or password is incorrect:

xcrun notarytool store-credentials "AC_PASSWORD" --apple-id "mailadress" --team-id "TEAMID" --password xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Although the password and other credentials have been entered correctly multiple times, it is possible that a step is being missed.

The current process is as follows:

Belonging to the Apple Developer Program of the client. Generating an app-specific password from the apple ID account page with TEAMID. Adding a profile to Keychain with the above information using the notarytool command line, where the error occurs. If anyone has experience using the notarytool or has notarized Mac applications using an alternative method, any advice on the steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

we are transitioning from the altool command line to the notarytool command line.

TN3147 Migrating to the latest notarization tool has detailed instruction on this process.

A good way to get your credentials sorted out is to run the store-credentials subcommand interactively:

% xcrun notarytool store-credentials

This process stores your credentials securely in the Keychain. You reference these credentials later using a profile name.

Profile name:
… and so on …

When you use it this way, notarytool actually checks your work as you go.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"