how to integrate directly with WhatsApp to share images without the iOS share sheet

Hello,

I'm working on developing an app for a client, whose core functionality includes the ability to share images. One of the specific features required is for users to be able to select a contact within our app and send an image directly to that contact's chat on WhatsApp, without going through the standard iOS Share Sheet.

As far as I understand, iOS offers a great integration for sharing content through activity view. However, due to specific project requirements, we are exploring the possibility of sending images directly to a third party app (in this case, WhatsApp) without using activity view, initiating the attempt to share programmatically.

Is it technically possible to implement this functionality under current iOS development guidelines? If possible, could you please guide me on which APIs or methods would be suitable to perform this action directly? Are there any special considerations or permissions we should take into account to implement this functionality without violating App Store regulations or third party terms of service such as WhatsApp?