Seeking Assistance with Bulk Input of Pronunciation Corrections for iOS

Hello iOS Developer Community,

I hope this message finds you healthy and happy. I am reaching out to seek your expertise and assistance with a particular challenge I’ve encountered while using the Speak Screen and Speak Selection features on iOS.

As you may know, these features are incredibly useful for reading text aloud, but they sometimes struggle with the correct pronunciation of homographs—words that are spelled the same but have different meanings and pronunciations. An example of this is the word “live,” which can be pronounced differently based on the context of the sentence.

To enhance my user experience, I am looking to input corrections for the pronunciation of “live” in its “happening now” context, such as in “live broadcast” or “live event.” However, the current process requires manual entry for each phrase, which is quite labor-intensive.

I am wondering if there is a way to automate or streamline this process, perhaps through a shortcut or script that allows for bulk input of these corrections. Additionally, if anyone has already compiled a list of common phrases with homographs and their correct pronunciations, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share it or guide me on where to find such resources.

Your insights and guidance on this matter would be invaluable, and I believe any solutions could benefit not just myself but many other users facing similar issues.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to any suggestions or advice you may have.

Best regards,

Alec